- Curl & Coil Definer
- Define Your Curls.
- Shiny Curls.
- Help Them Do What Nature Intended.
- Perfect for Wash & Go Styling.
- 72% retention of Curls after 5 hours from Initial Application at High Humidity Conditions.
What a wonderful Curling Jelly for hi-definition coils and curls, with buoyancy and vibrancy! Whatever your hair length, your style will be distinctly beautiful and will hold its definition for days.
Contains natural ingredients your hair loves and none of the ingredients it doesn't.Benefits
- Defines coils and curls
- Minimizes frizz
- Reduces shrinkage and enhances stretch
- Locks in precious moisture as you harmonize your coils
- Formulated with nature's best moisturizers and curl boosters
Aqua/Water/Eau, Glycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Betaine, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Pectin, Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root Extract, Xanthan Gum, Tocopheryl Acetate, Potassium Sorbate, Fragrance/Parfum , Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Benzoate, Citric Acid, Erythorbic Acid, (Coumarin, Limonene)Usage
- Use after cleansing and conditioning your hair. (Do not towel dry or blot after your final rinse.)
- Apply As I Am® Leave-In Conditioner liberally, according to instructions; This will help prevent flaking once hair is dry.
- Apply Curling Jelly to detangled hair while it is still soaking wet, to small sections, from root to tip. Spray with water if hair begins to dry before you're done.
- To define your coils/curls, you may finger rake, comb through with a wide-toothed comb (Shingle), or finger style.
- Air drying is recommended. You may use a hood dryer on the low setting if time or weather is an issue.
- Fluff, separate or arrange your coils to style, only after hair is completely dry.
- For added moisture, scrunch Moisture Milk or DoubleButter® Cream onto hair.
Learning how to use gel products like As I Am® Curling Jelly, formulated specifically for defining tightly coiled and curly hair can be very challenging at first. My advice to you, my sisters, is to not give up! You all know the saying…."If at first you don't succeed…" Take advantage of the many good resources provided by experienced natural ladies on the internet that explain, and actually show you how to properly apply these types of products. Soon, I will be offering you some visual instruction on this site. Until then, I can offer you these tips:
- Apply product liberally to small sections, to very wet hair. When an adequate amount of product is applied, the section should feel very slippery to the touch and slide very easily between your thumb and forefinger when you run them down from root to tip.
- Take care not to over-apply because it will prolong drying time, (which is already lengthy due to the type of natural ingredients in the formula). Also, too much product can leave sticky clumpy droplets on the hair and cause eventual flaking.
- Whatever your application method, the Curling Jelly must be worked well into the hair sections as you apply. Sliding sections several times between your thumb and forefinger, from root to tip, or "raking" larger sections of your hair, using your fingers as the rake, will form the definition of your coils and curls.
- As you apply the Curly Jelly, arrange the sections in the position where you would ultimately like your hair to be. For instance, if you want a side parted style, place the sections of hair in that manner as you apply the Curling Jelly to it.
- Most ladies do well to liberally apply a Leave-In Conditioner before applying the Curling Jelly. The finish is softer and less likely to flake.
SUPER IMPORTANT! Do not touch your hair before it is completely dry! If you do, your hair is prone to frizz and some of your definition may be lost! It's best to apply early in the day, and then allow it to air dry. Don't worry, the look you'll get when the product is applied looks glossy and well-defined. If you don't have the luxury of time or if the climate is cold, dry with a hood dryer, on the low setting.
- Once the hair is completely dry, feel free to fluff it to your satisfaction. The more you manipulate the hair the fuller it gets, so finger fluff more where you want fullness. Fluff little or not at all where you want flatter areas. Once hair has been fluffed, it won't return to the original flattened alignment until you re-wet and re-style your hair.
- Even after your hair is dry, refrain from disturbing your well defined coils, spirals or curls, particularly on the ends of your hair. Doing so may cause them to lose their alignment and become frizzy.
- On the days after you've styled with the Curling Jelly, you may apply As I Am® Moisture Milk, DoubleButter® Cream, or CocoShea Spray for softness, moisture and sheen. If you notice any flakes, scrunching in a little of any of these hydrators should do the trick.
- Always secure your hair beneath a satin bonnet when you sleep. It will eliminate abrasion damage and keep your style looking good longer.
- Finally, don't be afraid of water. It's now your friend! If a section looks a little frizzy on the ends, dampen your forefinger and coil the ends around your finger to create a spiral. Watch how your own beautiful coils bounce back into alignment. Now, let it dry, without touching it while damp.
We offer a 7 day exchange policy for select items. If you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you may exchange it within 7 days of purchase with a product of equal value. If the product you wish to exchange with is of greater value than the returned item, you will be required to pay the difference.
We offer a 7 day refund policy for select items. If you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you must contact us within 7 days of purchase to return the product for a refund.
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the "Complete Orders" link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
Return/exchange items must be received in new condition, unused and unopened within 7 days. All items will be inspected and approved before the refund or exchange is processed and the refund does not include shipping charges.
Shipping is free with purchases over $75.00 when being shipped to addresses within Canada...
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound..